Saturday, July 5, 2008

Desert


This is a short story written by me for an online weekly compition. And it's topis was DESERT.

Am i so bad?"
She asked the only lake remaining in her region. The only lake that people thought as a blessing of God.
"Tell me , am i so bad, so rude, that people, my own people those who belong to me, those who have been living here since decades, blame me, curse me for my nature."
Desert was really in a very bad mood. She was fed up by the taunts n curses of people who keep blaming her, who thought that desert was responsible for their doom, she was culprit for their bad condition, for less food, for less water. She was desperate to know it from the lake . Hoping to get some answer she asked the lake. des
But to her surprise lake said nothing. He just waved his water like making a laughing noise. Desert was already in bad mood n now in worst. In anger she said," So u too dont want to answer me. OK. Fine. I can understand. U r The most famous lake . Aren't u? How can u talk to a desert like me, who is loathed by everybody."
On this lake just smiled n said " No dear, u took in a wrong way. I was searching for a proper answer to ur question. Just look in that way, ther two people r approaching me, soon they will drink my water. Plz hear them n then i will answer u."
Two blond people , holding lots of bags on their shoulders n in hands started drinking water from lake. Desert n lake both were waiting for their conversation to start.
One of them said, " Bill imagine this lake never existed. We would have been dead without water. This lake is just like a boon inthis desert. Thank GOD. U saved us. Thank GOD."
The two men rested for some time n then they left.
Then lake asked the desert," Have u heard what they talked about?". On this the desert murmured ," ya, the usual thing. Whats new in that?"
On this the lake said, " ya usual thing but u didn't understand the exact meaning. God made some good things but man forgot to praise those God's creations. So God made some things which made man realize the importance of the things made by God n greatness of God. "
" Like u, bcoz of u people praise me, bcoz of u they realize my importance. The two men thanked God bcoz in this hot desert he created me, due to which they were able to quench their thirst. N they realized this bcoz they experience ur hotness, ur heat. So its bcoz of u ,people remember God. So u hold important place in Gods construction plan. U are the one who makes man remember God n praise his creations."Hearing this desert felt like her thirst was quenched.

3 comments:

Ashay said...

Beautiful story!! I hope you won something in that competition.. its worth it!

Avanti Gaidhane said...

thanks Ashay...i really needed that. U have actually boosted my confidence.

Abhay said...

Really nice and thoughtful story.You are a great writer.