Saturday, April 4, 2009

FAREWELL


Behind the smiling faces
Behind the happy mood,
Deep somewhere inside
Grumbling pain stood.

Though they were laughing
Eyes were full of tears,
Four years they spend together
Were still in their heart crystal clear.

I could feel the fear
They were all facing,
The fear of losing each other
And quickly time racing.

It was time for them to leave
Each other and fly high,
I could still hear
grief and their sigh .

Then it came upon me
Soon I will be in their place,
Soon I will be leaving my friends
And my life will be a mess.

Suddenly I got up and thought
Its now or never,
Just two years are remaining enjoy it like
Memories will remain forever.

And then I heard my friends call
I saw their faces bright,
Then I came to know
In my life they are a ray of light.

I can’t imagine a day
Without those creatures,
Whom I call my friends
They are my life’s best features.

12 comments:

an opinion said...

Hey are you people leaving college? I can smell that. Or a case of bad nose...oO??


"
Behind the smiling faces
Behind the happy mood,
Deep somewhere inside
Grumbling pain stood."

Even I left my school friends. All of us took different paths. Some went on to be "something". Others retired to oblivion. But whenever I pry up my past, I look for each of them.

loved these lines.

swapnil said...

so now we are creatures are we ?

well .. even then ..
we are the best of our kind .
u wont find better types .


and no ..u wont be leaving ur frnds .. nor ur life'll be a mess ..

with us around ..its already a living hell ..
so may be it will be .. better
not worse .. . i can tell


keep blogging

Manish Mattawar said...

chalta hain...kal ko miss karneka maja bhi alag hain :D

ananya chatterjee said...

nice one.....

Balaji said...

Amazing. Great verbal imagery

Avanti Gaidhane said...

Thanks a lot!!

vinzzz said...

Good one!.. Liked it!.. :) Kinda same feelin when we passed out 2 yrs ago!.. U have summed up the emotions quite well!..cheers!..

Balaji said...

Cool, watever happens lyf has to go on...!!

afaque said...

parting is a part of life.
As shakespeare said...."Parting is such a sweet sorrow."

Very nice poem.

Kshitij....MuSiC iS LiFe!!!!! said...

Khupach Hrudayasparshi ahe. .radayla yet ahe. .neways chan lihili. .
Dnt wory . .abhi to tim hai yar...

Kshitij....MuSiC iS LiFe!!!!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vidhya said...

nice....especially those last stanza..keep writing...